The toll of Friday’s attacks on journalists in Palestine: 10 journalists injured while performing their professional duty.
The Israeli occupation forces have escalated their attacks against journalists in the West Bank, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip.
The Israeli occupation forces targeted ambulance crews and journalists with gas bombs at the northern entrance of Al-Bireh.
The Committee has monitored the injury of about 10 journalists, namely:
– The arrest of photographer Amin Siam in the Old City of Jerusalem.
– Journalist Liwa’a Abu Armilah injured from assault and battery in occupied Jerusalem.
– Journalist Ahmed Talaat was wounded in the right leg by a rubber bullet while covering the clashes in Nablus.
– Al Arabiya TV Cameraman was injured in Hebron.
– Palestinian TV correspondent Azmi Banat was wounded by a rubber bullet in the eye while he was covering the clashes in Hebron.
– Journalist Iyad Hamad was injured in the foot while covering clashes in the city of Bethlehem.
– Cameraman Fadi Shanaanah asphyxiated from extensive shooting of gas bomb canisters in Gaza
– Journalist Hussein Abdel-Jawad asphyxiated from extensive shooting of gas bomb canisters in Gaza
– Journalist Samer al-Za’anin asphyxiated from extensive shooting of gas bomb canisters in Gaza
– Journalist Talal al-Hawaihi asphyxiated from extensive shooting of gas bomb canisters in Gaza
21st Century Wire Eva Karene Vanessa Beeley Committee to Protect Journalists Reporters Without Borders Canadian Journalists for Free Expression (CJFE) WAN-IFRA Association of European Journalists (AEJ) International Journalists’ Network (IJNet) GIJN – Global Investigative Journalism Network FIDH – International Federation for Human Rights Journo Nevo News Pulsetine Gazeta Impakt The Palestinian Information Center #jerusalem #gaza #alquds Palestine #palestine George Galloway IFEX IFJ Asia-Pacific Front Line Defenders Freedom House ARTICLE 19