Urgent Appeal Yemen
The Minister of Public health is calling for a humanitarian response to avoid increasing in mortality among Kidney dialysis patients
In response to calls from the KDCs; the Minister of Public health visited KDCs at the Capital and Sana’a governorate (AL Thawra, AL Jumhori, The Military, Police hospital as well as 22th May hospital)
The Main reasons behind the increased mortality among the Kidney Dialysis patients were:
1) Shortage of the The solutions needed for dialysis
2) Most of the dialysis machines come out of function because of absence of maintenance costs at these centers.
3) The displacement of many cases of Kidney dialysis depending patients from AL Hodida governorate mainly to Sana’a and Ibb.
Urgent Needs to control the situation are:
1) To offer as many as possible Solutions for dialysis.
2) To provide the threatened centers by dialysis machines especially AL Mahwet and 22th May hospitals
3) To actively and urgently participate in establishing the new centers at AL Amanah and Ibb governorates to be ready as early as possible to receive patients coming from AL Hodida and nearby areas.